my kind of honesty
Wednesday, January 19, 2005
  My boss I talked to my therapist about my boss today, but didn't really say enough, so I'll keep on talking here. She says I need to work out who I want to be at work and how to be that person. I feel vulnerable and anguished about work, and I don't like that because I quite like the work itself, its good for my cv and I surely need the money. I can't be open or relaxed at work because the boss is so demanding: he wants to talk at me relentlessly and try to antagonise me. And he manages it because I'm tense and want to fend him off. I'm not out to him and I can't be because he's quite backward about that sort of thing (as well as being a racist too, how nice!) , so I know it would make things even more awkward. I've got a sense that I can't keep the situation under my control because I think too much about giving the boss what he wants, largely in terms of chatting to him and assuaging his sense of paranoia and low self-esteem. If I could just give up on that, be me, get on with the job, then maybe I wouldn't find it so stressful. This is very hard to do when I'm alone in a shop with him for hours at a time. Yes, I know the easy answer is get another job, but that's not a very easy thing to do. If I could find some calmness in myself to simply weather everything he says then that would make things a lot better.

How do I do that?
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
it will probably start out as a diary type blog and then spawn some kind of political tirade that will put off even the most tenacious readers, so lots to look forward to

ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 /


Powered by Blogger

Hit Counter
Counters